How do I return an item or make a claim under warranty?
Please contact us for more information on returning an item as we will send you a RMA number. However below is our standard warranty terms.
OUR WARRANTY POLICY
All products at Phones Direct will carry warranty.
Parallel Items: All parallel items has a one year return period. Upon successful warranty claim, which normally takes not more than 7 days pertaining stock availability, we will send the unit to the supplier or you a good working unit in return. Please note that software problems are not covered by any warranty. Removal of any labels, tampering or similar unauthorised use voids the warranty. We will always do our best to keep the repair time to a minimum but parts availability is outside our control. Workings like the web, MMS may not work on all parallel phones. We will always endevour to get it working for you but cannot accept responsibility if they do not work. Battery fault claims must be made within 7 days of purchase.
Every phone we sell comes with our comprehensive 12 month warranty. We also offer you the choice of purchasing an
Extended 12 Month Warranty, meaning that you can have 24 months of
cover for your mobile phone for a small price. If your phone breaks
down, and it's not due to physical damage or water damage, we will fix
it, no question about it. We will even pay for the shipping back to you
when the repair is done.
We believe our repair team is second to none. In fact, more often
than not, they will be able to repair any problems the same day we
receive it and get the phone on its way back to you as soon as
possible. You just need to send the phone to us at your cost and we
will take care of the rest.
Our latest innovation is to offer an alternate repair service.
Basically, if you know of a local mobile phone repair company and you
would prefer to deal with them, you can take your phone into them and
have them fix it. We will deal directly with them and take care of the
cost of the repair.
The huge advantage with our warranty is that you will ALWAYS know
where your phone is and how long it is going to take to repair. You can
alway call and speak directly to the repairer and get a status update
on your phone at any time. Compare this to say, Nokia, who will send
the phone on to someone else, which could then take days, weeks or even
months to repair, with you having no idea where the phone is and who is
responsible for it.We
are now also offering the option for customers to purchase 12 Month
Extended Warranty, meaning that you'll have a total of 24 months cover
for your new mobile phone! Extended warranty is an inexpensive
investment into the long-term care of your phone. Imagine the peace of
mind, knowing that any manufacturer defects will be covered by our
warranty for two years! The cost of extended warranty is different for
each phone, so please check the individual product pages for prices.
New Zealand Sourced Products: These come with manufacturer warranty. If any claim is made we will advise you of the process and the manufacturer/supplier details.
In any event, please contact us for information.
Wholesale Customers: For Parallel Imported products warranty cover is the responsibility of the wholesale buyer. For New Zealand or manufacturers sourced products, manufacturer warranty applies.
Phones Direct covers your Mobile Phone for the first 12 months with a complimentary warranty. For Customers who have purchased the 12 Month Extended Warranty, please refer to the Extended 12 Month Warranty Terms and Conditions.
1. From here on:
- “We” refers to Phones Direct and all employees representing the company.
- “The Customer” refers to the person whose name is on the official invoice or an appointee of this person.
- “The Repairer” refers to Phones Direct’s appointed repairer or The Customer’s chosen repairer.
2. Phones Direct will repair The Customer’s phone provided that:
a) The phone is still covered under the 12 Month period. This 12 Month period is calculated from the Date of Purchase on
the Warranty Card. If the Warranty Card cannot be produced by The Customer, the 12 Month period will be calculated
from the date on the original invoice.
b) The issue is found by The Repairer to be a manufacturer defect. If the issue is found to be caused from physical or
water damage, The Customer is responsible for all repairs and shipping costs associated with the phone.
3. Physical damage refers to:
a) Impact damage such as from bumping or dropping of the phone.
b) Fair wear and tear caused by normal usage of the phone.
c) Wear and tear caused by misuse of the product. Misuse of the product means utilising the phone in a way which it was
not intended to be used for, such as sitting while the phone is in the back pocket, or exposure to extreme environmental
4. Water damage (also known as water ingress) refers to:
a) Partial or full submersion of the phone into liquid.
b) Exposure of the phone to steam or moisture (e.g., bathroom, sauna).
5. A Design Fault is defined as “when a device fails to properly function as designers intended.” Design faults are not classed under manufacturer defects and the Phones Direct 12 Month Free Warranty does not cover for design faults.
6. The Customer has the choice of selecting their own preferred repairer, as long as the repair has been approved by Phones Direct. Phones Direct will only approve repairs by another repairer if:
a) A quotation has been supplied by The Customer’s chosen repairer and the estimated cost of the repairs is comparable
to the cost of repairs from Phone Direct’s appointed repairer. The final decision is at Phones Direct’s sole discretion.
7. Whether the issue is caused by physical/water damage or a manufacturer defect will be determined by a third-party, The
Repairer. If the issue is deemed to not be a manufacturer defect, The Customer is subject to a $65.00 handling fee, which is to be paid before the mobile phone is shipped back to The Customer.
8. The Customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the phone to The Repairer. Provided that the phone repairs will be covered by Phones Direct (as per clause 2), We will cover the cost of shipping the phone back to The Customer. However, if the phone repairs will not be covered by Phones Direct, the customer is responsible for all costs associated with the repairs and shipping.
9. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the phone is shipped via a reliable carrier with a provided tracking number.
Phones Direct is not liable if the phone is lost in shipping. If the carrier offers insurance, it is The Customer’s responsibility to proceed with the insurance claim.
10. Time of repairs is dependent on The Repairer’s schedule, severity of the issue and the availability of spare parts. An estimated repair time may be given to The Customer, but Phones Direct does not guarantee that the phone will definitely be repaired
within the estimated time frame. For accurate repair status, The Customer should contact The Repairer directly.
11. In the event that the phone is not repairable, Phones Direct will supply The Customer with a phone of comparable value, as a replacement phone. This is at the sole discretion of Phones Direct.
12. In the event of a dispute, Phones Direct’s decision is final.